Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Singapore Report #2

Part 2! Click here for Part #1ヾ(・∀・)ノ 

At night, Cheyanne took me to hot spots in Singapore. 
"Jiak Chuan Road"
It's just off Chinatown, so many old town houses along sides of the street and some of them are renovated to nice looking bars now. You only see western people and no Asian there LOL


6 Jiak Chuan Road
089262 Singapore 

The tiles on the wall are so pretty!!!! See the contact pape, for me they are really old Singaporean. I love it, the clours and flower prints....<3 
But once you get inside, it's very stylish bar. I felt I was in a bar somewhere in Surry Hills. 
Cocktails are really good (but pretty pricy though) and I loved their wall menu! 


I want you to see the names of the cocktails... not many choices but they are so well named:P 
I had "Jiak the Ripper" London Dry Gin based cocktail and it was good! 
I started enjoying the night but I know I have to work next day from 6am...  
I still want to explore the area though....
So Cheyanne decided to take me other places :-)   




Next place we went is called "The Library"
47 Keong Saik Road (obtain the password next door at Keong Saik Snacks)
Apparently very secret bar in the area but everybody I met that night told me to go there, so obviously every knows lol . 
Once you get the password, you can finally get in but still have to wait (we were told 45min wait) in front of the (a kind of cliche..) mirror door. Such a small space to wait, we begged the girl in front of the door to show me inside because I was there for only short time and just wanted to see the bar. 
Eventually she let me in:-) I have to say.... nothing is really special, very similar with any bars in Surry Hills. 
Well... so we decided to go to "Mariko"s" next to The Cufflink Club! 



4 Jiak Chuan Road
089261 Singapore 
I already loved this place because of the name - my bestie's name "Mariko" <3 
It's a retro Japanese bar, apparently it's named after Japanese artist Yoshihiro Tatsumi’s fictional manga character Mariko, a prostitute forced to bed American GIs in post-World War II Japan.
Maybe that's why Mariko on the menu seems very sad... ??


Very 50's Japanese style... interesting hey! 
I could even see Japanese on the menu - you could also have sit-down meals. 
There are many Japanese bottles of sake and whiskies at the bar! I wish I know Sake or Japanese Whiskies more.... ordered vodka & soda as usual..:D
Then the bartender (I assume he was the owner) offered us free Sake shots :) Lucky♪

Of course there is a DJ booth and dance spaces at the bar.   
It's fun places to visit!  I'd recommend you to come around this area if you are in Singapore :-) 

TBC.... xx



こんばんゎ☆パート2です(パート1はこちらから←)
   
一度ホテルに戻って、さくっとシャワー浴びてから(汗だくだったんで。。。)軽く飲みに行きましたぁ。シャアンが連れて行ってくれたのは、今、シンガポールで一番ホットと言われてる地域、ジャクチャウンロード周辺です。チャイナタウンから一歩奥に入った所で、古いタウンハウスが道の両側にぎっしり建ってて、ところどころが改築されておしゃれなバーになっております〜♡
夜中なのに音楽ガンガンに流れてたけど、誰も気にしないのかなぁ。。。と、思いつつ、一つ目のバーはダカフリンク クラブ



外壁のタイルがめちゃくちゃかわいい♡♡シンガポールって感じがするーーー!!!!ココのコンタクトページがそのまま使われてました★´∀`★この色使いと花柄!めちゃくちゃヒット!
好き♡好き♡好き♡♡
中にはいると、シドニーのサリヒルのバーに来てるかの気分。アジア人が少ない(笑)
カクテルの名前がこれまたかわいい!壁にかかったメニューもおしゃれ♪が、シンガポールお酒はとっても高い。。。カクテル1杯S$22〜28です。
わたしが頼んだのはジンベースのジアックダリッパー、甘すぎず美味しかったょ☆
楽しくなって来たぁぁーーーーー。。。けど、明日は朝の6時から仕事(´Д`)。。なので、ここはさくっと場所移動⇨


向かった先は、出会う人出会う人に行け行けと勧められた"ザライブラリー”。ここに入るには、パスワードが必要で、まず隣のお店に行ってパスワードを手に入れます。特別な感じがしてワクワク♪♪。。。。が、そっから、更にウェイティングリストが。。。しかも45分待ち。
えぇぇ。。。待てないし(*-凵-)って、ことで、お姉さんに頼み込んで中だけ拝見させてもらいました(笑)おしゃれなんだけど、入り口の鏡のドア。。。センスなし。残念。
内装はサリヒルのレストランだぁー!って、くらい。。。何も食べてないし、飲んでないから何とも言えないけど。。。。けっこう普通?

って、ことで、最後は結局最初に行ったバーの横にあるジャパニーズバー "マリコズ"。

Cheyanne, Me and Ricky

ここは入る前から、もう大好き♡なんでかって言うと、親友の名前がMarikoだから〜(単純)このお店なんでこの名前になったかって言うと、辰巳よしひろさん作のマンガの主人公がベースになってるからみたい!このマリコ、第二次世界大戦後の日本でにアメリカ兵に犯されちゃった娼婦。だから、メニューのマリコは寂しそうな顔してるのかなぁ?
日本のお酒からウイスキーがずらっと並んでて、メニューもちゃんと日本語で書いてあって奥では食事もできちゃうのに、DJブースにダンススペース。なんかいろいろミックスしたバー(笑)
が、コンセプトはジャパニーズバー、やっぱり日本人は優遇されるのか?オーナーさんからお酒のショットを頂きましたぁ〜☆ラッキー☆☆
オトナなパーティーするならこの辺り超おすすめ!シンガポールに来たらチェックしてみてね(b’V`)



↓ランキング参加してます☆
いつもありがとうございます+゚。*(*´∀`*)*。゚+ 今日もポチッお願いします! 
Click and support my blog xx


にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ シドニー情報へ

No comments:

Post a Comment